Iâ€™ve seen many highly energized people who approach me with their business ideas asking to review their idea or for investmentâ€¦ Most of these people who approached me said they were meeting more people with their ideas for more than six monthsâ€¦ When I asked the reason for their wait;
- Some said they had family commitments to fulfill and hence they canâ€™t quit their job.
- Some said they work to gain experience which would be helpful when they start a business.
- Some said they are waiting for proper timing (Some said market is at itz high and waiting for correction & some said it is recession).
- Some say they donâ€™t have enough capital to start a company.
There were many more reasons which sound crazyâ€¦ Though I respect their reason be it genuine or not. I canâ€™t buy their reason for delaying their entrepreneurial ambitions because;
- Mr.Narayanamurthy founder of Infosys had a family (Wife & 2 children) when he started Infosys. Commitments are man made and we have control over our commitments and we have to plan and control our commitments to bring out other desire.
- Job experience and business experience are different ball game and when one starts a business at any point of time (with or without experience) they have to come across challenges.
- Timings canâ€™t be timed because when market is on a high note there will be business but costs are high and when there is a recession costs are low but business will be poor. Always there is no right time to start a business or to put it optimistically every time is right time to start a business.
- Always one need not have capital to start a company. There are many ways to bootstrap and one must read success stories how they bootstrapped in they their early days.
I personally didnâ€™t have much job experience when I took up entrepreneurship but today I gained much knowledge and experience which is required by an entrepreneur. But my friends who started business with 8 years of job experience are overcoming the same challenges which I came across.
One more thing which I want to tell every striving or wanna be entrepreneurs is â€œStart something immediatelyâ€ only then you will create a focus and can find your path. Until then it will be a chicken and egg story…
Let me end this blog with this note;
- Ship is always safe in the shores but it is not built for that.
- Start small Think big Work on quick iterations.