Do you AGREE??
Do you AGREE??
“The world suffers a lot. Not because of the violence of bad people, But because of the silence of good people!”- Napoleon
There is no point in just saying “I Love my India” , raise your voice for right demands.
Anna Hazare fasts unto death starting 5th April.
He is demanding enactment of a strong anti-corruption law – Jan Lokpal
Bill – to ensure swiftness and certainty of punishment to the corrupt.
Will his fast have any impact on the deaf Government of India?
Yes, it certainly would. Because, last time when Anna sat on fast –
• 6 corrupt ministers in Maharashtra had to resign
• 400 corrupt officers were dismissed from job
• 2002 – Maharashtra RTI Act was passed
• 2006 – Central Government withdrew its proposal to amend Central RTI Act
Now Anna is fasting to demand Jan Lokpal Bill.
JAN LOKPAL BILL will act as deterrent and instill fear in the minds of
What can you do?
“Let the whole nation pray for a corruption free India. Collective prayers are very powerful. Let the whole nation pray against
corruption,” appeals Anna Hazare.
“Lets reach Jantar Mantar in thousands, in lakhs from 5th April. I will be there – day and night – with Anna. We will all sleep on the roads of Jantar Mantar. Anna’s fast can change India’s history. Can’t you take a few days off from your work and be a part of it?” Arvind Kejriwal
“Send us a missed call at 02261550789 to stay updated about this movement. Forward this mail to everyone,”
– Kiran Bedi
Across India, join Sri Sri Ravishankar, Swami Agnivesh, Arch Bishop of Delhi Vincent Concessao, Mahmood A Madani, Kiran Bedi, J M Lyngdoh, Shanti Bhushan, Prashant Bhushan, Arvind Kejriwal, Mufti Shamoom Qasmi, Mallika Sarabhai, Arun Bhatia, Sunita Godara, Swami Ramdev, All India Bank Employees Federation, PAN IIT Alumni Association, Common
Cause, Foundation for Restoration of National Values and many other prominent organizations and leaders, as India comes out on the streets!
200+ CITIES WILL RALLY BEHIND ANNA!
Salient features of Jan Lokpal Bill
Drafted by Justice Santosh Hegde, Prashant Bhushan and Arvind Kejriwal, this Bill has been refined on the basis of feedback received from public on website and after series of public consultations. It has also been vetted by and is supported by Shanti Bhushan, J M Lyngdoh, Kiran Bedi, Anna Hazare etc. It was sent to the PM and all
CMs on 1st December.
1. An institution called LOKPAL at the centre and LOKAYUKTA in each state will be set up
2. Like Supreme Court and Election Commission, they will be completely independent of the governments. No minister or bureaucrat will be able to influence their investigations.
3. Cases against corrupt people will not linger on for years anymore: Investigations in any case will have to be completed in one year. Trial should be completed in next one year so that the corrupt politician, officer or judge is sent to jail within two years.
4. The loss that a corrupt person caused to the government will be recovered at the time of conviction.
5. How will it help a common citizen: If any work of any citizen is not done in prescribed time in any government office, Lokpal will impose financial penalty on guilty officers, which will be given as compensation to the complainant.
6. So, you could approach Lokpal if your ration card or passport or voter card is not being made or if police is not registering your case or any other work is not being done in prescribed time. Lokpal will have to get it done in a month’s time. You could also report any case of corruption to Lokpal like ration being siphoned off, poor quality roads been constructed or panchayat funds being siphoned off. Lokpal will have to complete its investigations in a year, trial will be over in next one year and the guilty will go to jail within two years.
7. But won’t the government appoint corrupt and weak people as Lokpal members? That won’t be possible because its members will be selected by judges, citizens and constitutional authorities and not by politicians, through a completely transparent and participatory process.
8. What if some officer in Lokpal becomes corrupt? The entire functioning of Lokpal/ Lokayukta will be completely transparent. Any complaint against any officer of Lokpal shall be investigated and the officer dismissed within two months.
9. What will happen to existing anti-corruption agencies? CVC, departmental vigilance and anti-corruption branch of CBI will be
merged into Lokpal. Lokpal will have complete powers and machinery to independently investigate and prosecute any officer, judge or politician.
PLS CIRCULATE THIS MAIL WIDELY
(This movement is neither affiliated nor aligned to any political party)
India Against Corruption: A-119, Kaushambi, Ghaziabad, UP | 09718500606
Corruption in India for last 2 decades if around 80 Lakh Crore… Though the list includes Private scams too we have to blame the government for the lapses to control those scams… Here is the list of scams…