Just got this speech of Ratan Tata shared thru one of my FB friend. Unfortunately I forgot who shared it and also could not validate if it was really Tata’s speech!!!
Anyways the points mentioned makes sense;
- Don’t just have career or academic goals.
- Set goals to give you a balanced, successful life. Balanced means ensuring your health, relationships, mental peace are all in good order.
- There is no point of getting a promotion on the day of your breakup.
- There is no fun in driving a car if your back hurts.
- Shopping is not enjoyable if your mind is full of tensions.
- Don’t take life seriously. Life is not meant to be taken seriously, as we are really temporary here.
- We are like a prepaid card with limited validity. If we are lucky, we may last another 50 years. And 50 years is just 2,500 weekends. Do we really need to get so worked up?
- It’s OK, bunk few classes, score low in couple of papers, take leave from work, fall in love, fight a little with ur spouse…
We are people, not programmed devices!!! “Don’t be serious enjoy Life as it comes”