Find below theÂ official brochure for our March 6 Trek Polamaa event created by Hari.
We request to forward this to yourÂ friends, family and officeÂ colleagues. We have attached a JPGs below for easy distribution through email,Â blogs, forums, facebook, orkut and other online communities.
We want to attract as many interested people as possible to attend this mega event/member meetup/photo exhibition/workshops/trekking gear display/presentations. Preparation is in full swing at this moment, 60+ members responded to ourÂ call for volunteers (we are contacting you one by one), 50+ members have contributed financially amounting to 20.000 rupees so far. We still require much more to realize this huge undertaking so please doÂ support us.
Objective â€“Â Cycle from Tidel Park to Kovalam and back.
Difficulty â€“ This is an easy activity. Participants need to be in reasonable physical condition.
Duration â€“ Thursday early morning till afternoon
Distance – Around 50 km from Chennai to Kovalam and back
Transportation – Own cycles
Expense – around 300Rs (food, water expenses)
Advance â€“ to be paid when joining â€“ 300Rs (difference will be settled later on)
- Assemble Saturday 6:45 am TIDEL PARK (Bus stop OPPOSITE to TIDEL Park main entrance}
- Join other Cycles along the route (see Starting points below)
- Leave Chennai before peak traffic and ride along the ECR till Kovalam
- Picnic near at the beach and have fun
- Return by late afternoon
Radha – +91.9962199963
(everyone should come 15 minutes in advance – we do NOT wait for latecomers)
TIDEL Park, Taramani, OMR road â€“ 6:45 am
MUST CARRY LUGGAGE:
- All participants must carry following items
- Back-pack to carry food, water, snacks
- Torch in the cycle for night time cycling
- One extra set of clothes
- Sun cap and sunscreen
- Some energy bars
- Food will be taken care of by organizers
POINTS TO REMEMBER:
- Please make doubly sure that your cycle is in good condition for the trip.
- Please ensure that you have a good seat in the cycle.
- A carrier to keep your back pack will be convenient.
- Please carry a Trash Bag to carry your trash back.
PS – Need a motor biker to accompany us for the ride. Volunteers pls register as motor bikers.