Year 2010 has been known for Travel and i’m glad that I enjoyed almost every place I travelled… I must dedicate this sort of experience to my friend Mr.Laxman… Unlike me my friend (Laxman) is a planned guy… Before talking about places travelled and experience, I want to talk about Mr.Laxman;
- Before traveling he does his homework like googling about the place, resorts & if he had any friends who travelled to that place he will call them to check about their experience.
- Then he will call couple of resorts and he even bargains and got good discounts… Am very lazy guy and I’d have shelled whatever price they say.
I travelled to following places with him;
And what a year and experience it has been!!!
My original plan after my tour of Alleppey was to get back to Madurai and then return to Chennai. But i was scared of Laxman’s driving and i decided to get back to Chennai directly as i had a company with Rooban. So this is what happened;
- We had no bus from Alleppey but there was a train by 4 PM. Rooban assumed it would be full and he suggested going to Cochin will give us more options.
- We boarded a Bus to Cochin with was one and half hour drive from Alleppey.
- Cochin was hot but was very nice city with was calm & had all attributes of a city.
- We got down and went to a place called M.G.Road which was a shopping area having lots of Big shopping centers.
- The same road had offices of many Private bus operators office & all the busses to Chennai were full.
- Then we took another auto and went to government bus-stand. Here all busses to Chennai have already left. Also bus to Pondycherry was full.
- Then we took an auto and went to Railway station only to find all trains running full.
- Then again came back to Government Bus-stop.
- Only choice was to board a bus to Coimbatore and the choice were a Trivandrum – Coimbatore bus which was about to come by 4.30 & a bus to Coimbatore from Cochin by 5.30.
- Since it was 3 o clock we had to wait till 4.30 & all bus had route names in malayalam and things were again confusing.
- Still bus to Coimbatore hasn’t arrived and we decided to board a bus to Tirupur and thought of boarding a bus to Coimbatore from there.
- When we sat we got an announcement telling Trivandaram – Coimbatore bus has arrived and we were lucky to get a cramped last seat.
- We had a hectic bumpy journey and we travelled through Tirupur – Palakkad & finally reached Coimbatore by 11 PM.
- Coimbatore is a place which doesn’t have a night life. Even second show movies starts by 8.30. Hotels gets closed by 10 PM.
- All bus to Chennai have left & again we had to work on options.
- We had a choice of leaving to our relatives house and start the next day. But i didn’t want to do that because the hard travel from Alleppey will become useless.
- We were lucky to get a cramped Mini bus which was overly dumped and no space to even stretch our legs.
- We had to immediately board the bus and we have no time to have dinner too.
- Then after 2 hours of drive driver stopped to have some tea and there i had a Maaza and we started again.
- Finally the bus reached Chennai by 9.30 AM.
Finally reached Chennai after a hectic travel for 21 consecutive hour. All this was possible only because of the the Ayurvedic Massage i had in Alleppey which kept my body cool.
It was very stressful and I went to Kumily along with my Madurai 3 weeks back. There we planned & decided to goto Alleppey, Alapuzzha & spend a day in House Boat. From then we were counting days the day. I travelled to Madurai last Thursday and reached Madurai. Then following are the events that happened;
- Reached Madurai refreshed & Took bath.
- Then went to Manoj’s juice shop and Laxman picked me up in 10 min.
- From there we went to a supermarket and made some purchase.
- From there went to Marverick GYM met friends & asked Sathish to get ready.
- Then went back to Manoj’s house and picked him form there.
- Manoj went to attend a small Shop-opening & Laxman and I went to Medical shop and brought some medicines.
- Then went to Toddy shop has toddy.
- Picked up Sathish & started to drive to Alleppey by 12 noon.
We took Theni, Cumbam, Kimily – Alleppey road which is a Ghat Road. As usual it was a pleasent Gods own Country and i’m thrilled to see houses which were big and small towns having good looking girls, posh houses, good roads etc.
As usual it was Laxman driving style which made me & sathish sick and we had to sleep to avoid side effects. After hectic 6 hours drive we reached Alleppey with the help of Google Maps which navigated us to the place.
Then we stayed in a hotel called Arcadia Regency. To be frank it was a good hotel in apprearance otherwise;
- It had a swimming pool which was small & poorly maintained.
- Rooms were very average with flickering lights.
- Toilets were average too.
- Service was also poor.
But we had a wonderful party & we all crashed to sleep without our conscious and i was the first to crash to bed. Then it was Laxman & I who got up early in the morning and then we went to buy fish for people who are Non-Veg and wanted to have Sea food. We first went to the beach and we were told catching was poor that day and the minimal amount of fish they caught had to sent to the market. We immediately went to the market and brought different verity of fish & crabs for Rs.5000/-.
Then we had a swim in the hotel swimming pool and we proceeded to board our House Boat and we were 3 hours late.
We sailed some 50 KM that day before we halted by 6 PM. Again it was great fun and we all were partying hard and last guys to crash were Laxman & I. Then i slept in the morning and got up a hour before we landed again.
Over all it was a great experience because we went with friends. But it has other challenges too like;
- Sathish went ill and he is hospitalized for last four days because of food poisoning.
- Rooban got hold of Malaria.
- This was not the right time to travel as it was too hot and not enjoyable. But tariff of house boat are at its low because it was off season.
- One great lesson too. We went there thought a friend and he arranged a boat for us and they charged us Rs.9000/- for house boat for a day. But when went enquired later the charge for the boat was Rs.6000/- only. So visit different House BoatÂ agents and take best call.
Other than that it was a great experience and here are some snaps of our House Boat;
Laxman & I (Me wearing CSK Jersey)
Way to the Room & Kitchen
Hall with Dinning Table & Television
Front View of House Boat. Rooban & Manoj in the terrace.