The year 2008 was the most testing phase of my life… Was totally shattered by betrayal, loss of possession, loss of relationship and a bunch of legal disputes against me!!! Let me eloborate on all the odds;
- From someone whom I assumed to be my best buddy till that day!!
- From someone whom I thought would be my better half!!
Loss of Possession: Lost a company which I launched for which pledging my life & career for!!!
Loss of Relationship: That is the time which showed me the true face of more people who left once I lost money and identity!!
Legal Issues: I had to face a bunch of legal challenges for the next two years people who betrayed me!!
Criticism: Was criticised for getting cheated & for being a loser… Those were defiantly not a sort of criticism which I could take at that point of time!!
Judgemental: People became judgemental about every action of mine..
I was at odds and future looked blank. I was not in a mindset to fight back as I was emotionally,morally & monetaril broke!! Wanted to take a break, wanted to freak, wanted to roam free!! But society & parental pressure didn’t allow me to do that!!
Finally I started again!!! I knew each move would be watched, judged & criticised!! So, I decided to move to a place where I had no friends or relatives!! That happened to be a blessing in disguise!! I started and worked for 6-8 hours a day and I;
- Joined a fitness studio and worked out everyday!!
- Did Vagabond Like travel every weekend!!
- Read a lot of books!!
- Networked and got new friends & acquintances in this new place!!!
- Watched a lot of movies!!
- Boozed like a fish!!
- Took up to marijuana!!!
- Cried when needed!!
- Started Blogging & Tweeting all crazy experiences!!
- Did what all I wanted to do, even if it was bad!!
The change of place, new friends, doing what I wanted and documenting my my experience as blog gave me the needed distraction and purpose to be engaged!!
Slowly my intensity in handling hurdles became aggressive… Was able to handle challenges, quash the hurdles and finally started seeing success against the challenges… Today I’m happy and obliged to almighty for putting me into such a challenge!!
Against All Odds I could finally triumph by being me and being decisive!!!
Today I’ve been criticised for a lot of my decisions and for the not soo favourable results!!!
I purchased our car from a different dealer instead of the dealer you have recommended!!!
The result is the car stopped abruptly while driving!!! It took 5 breakdowns & a year to fix the issue, of which couple of breakdowns have been charged by the dealer!!
I didn’t do a proper due diligance while applying for a home loan!!! This inspite of you telling not to go with a particular bank!!!
I ventured into Cinema Production against your wish and against your warning!!! Eventually the movie flopped and it was a bomb in the box office!!!
I’m working on the Coffee Shop project again in spite of your concerns for availibility of time to manage it!!!
Though I’ve my own reasons and explanation for all the criticism, I don’t want to make it a normal affair by justifying my decisions!!!
Let me confess that;
- I’ve taken wrong decisions, but I progressed in some direction instead of doing nothing!!!
- I failed, but I learned my lessons!!!
- I risked, after all life without risk is a dream!!!
- I over-stretched, if not how can I push myself to excellence!!!
Also I’d like to remind you a point… Never criticise an entrepreneur… It will only make his resolve and perceivarance more stronger!!!
Please do understand that “Ship is safe on the shores, but it is not built for that”!!
Likewise an entrepreneur is safe doing nothing, but their genes are not tuned for that!!!
But I’d like to thank you for kindling my resolve to succeed against the odds!!!
Let me close it with my favourite number from Akon!!!
As life goes on I’m starting to learn more and more about responsibility
And I realize everything I do is affecting the people around me
So I want to take this time out to apologize for things that I’ve done
And things that haven’t occurred yet
And the things they don’t want to take responsibility for
You can put the blame on me
Said you can put the blame on me
You can put the blame on me
I’ve blogged about this often and I think I’ll be blogging about this topic in future too…. For those who keep reading about this often; please excuse me because I use my blog as a tool for expression…
It all started when I uploaded a bunch of pictures while consuming toddy…. Immediately I started getting advice from my friends to delete it or to make it visible only to certain friends…. Though they advised me as a well wisher…. I didn’t want to follow what they said…
So what are the effects of posting such a picture?
- My image as a entrepreneur gets a beating…
- My marriage could get affected because of this…
But if I start thinking about what people will think of me…. I’ll start leading a false life & over a point I might loose my Identity…. For me I want to me as open as possible…. Though I paid heavy prices for this openness I don’t want to change because of some bad experiences….
Though there might be certain hiccups initially once I become big acceptance will get bigger…. Some great personalities are;
- Vijay Mallaya
- Richard Branson
These people have shown me path for leading a life as we like and never bother about society or succumb to pressure it gives….
So what is Being AnandNataraj?
- Someone who doesn’t bother about society and lives life for himself is Being AnandNataraj….
- Someone who give damn for Privacy is Being AnandNataraj…
- Someone who has the guts & fire on the a$$ is Being AnandNataraj….
- Someone who thinks RISK & failure is a part of life is Being AnandNataraj….
- Someone who is a Decision maker even it is right or wrong is Being AnandNataraj….
- Someone who agrees his failures / mistakes / embarrassments is Being AnandNataraj….
Though it is hard for common people to accept me and my acts…. I’m happy Being AnandNataraj thought my actions leads to criticism, embarrassment etc.