I remember Ganesh Chadurthi 2012 was the last festival celebrated happily with dad.
Subsequent festivals couldn’t be celebrated happely because of my dads hospitalisation!!!
Then dad passed away last year back and as per HINDU customs we were not supposed to celebrate any festival for a year!!
It’s been a year since my dad left us and this Tamil New Year 2015 is a festival celebrated after 3 years!!
Let this new year begin a new chapter in our life with blessings from Dad!!
And தமிழ் புத்தாண்டு வாழ்த்துக்கள்(Happy Tamil New Year) to everybody!!!
K.Sivanesan & Family!!!
Following is a letter to his son from a renowned Hong Kong TV broadcaster cum Child Psychologist.
The words are actually applicable to all of us, young or old, children or parents.!
This applies to daughters too.
Dear son ,
I am writing this to you because of 3 reasons
- Life, fortune and mishaps are unpredictable, nobody knows how long he lives. Some words are better said early.
- I am your father, and if I don’t tell you these, no one else will.
- What is written is my own personal bitter experiences that perhaps could save you a lot of unnecessary heartaches. Remember the following as you go through life;
- Do not bear grudge towards those who are not good to you. No one has the responsibility of treating you well, except your mother and I. To those who are good to you, you have to treasure it and be thankful, and ALSO you have to be cautious, because, everyone has a motive for every move. When a person is good to you, it does not mean he really likes you. You have to be careful, don’t hastily regard him as a real friend.
- No one is indispensable, nothing is in the world that you must possess. Once you understand this idea, it would be easier for you to go through life when people around you don’t want you anymore, or when you lose what/who you love most.
- Life is short. When you waste your life today, tomorrow you would find that life is leaving you. The earlier you treasure your life, the better you enjoy life.
- Love is but a transient feeling, and this feeling would fade with time and with one’s mood. If your so called loved one leaves you, be patient, time will wash away your aches and sadness. Don’t over exaggerate the beauty and sweetness of love, and don’t over exaggerate the sadness of falling out of love.
- A lot of successful people did not receive a good education, that does not mean that you can be successful by not studying hard! Whatever knowledge you gain is your weapon in life. One can go from rags to riches, but one has to start from some rags!
- I do not expect you to financially support me when I am old, neither would I financially support your whole life. My responsibility as a supporter ends when you are grown up. After that, you decide whether you want to travel in a public transport or in your limousine, whether rich or poor.
- You honour your words, but don’t expect others to be so. You can be good to people, but don’t expect people to be good to you. If you don’t understand this, you would end up with unnecessary troubles.
- I have bought lotteries for umpteen years, but I could never strike any prize. That shows if you want to be rich, you have to work hard! There is no free lunch!
- No matter how much time I have with you, let’s treasure the time we have together. We do not know if we would meet again in our next life.
Watched this Video the day my dad left me :(… Unlike in the movie my dad was always an inspiration to me…
But I want to carry one of my dad’s legacy throughout my life…
Thinking & working on ways to brink back DAD… Though there are many doors closed I don’t want to give up HOPE & keep knocking as many doors and get a solution for him…
I keep HOPE’ing;
- I hope doctor accepts my request
- I hope god gives strength physically & mentally to my dad
- I hope we goto Bangalore
- I hope my dad recovers
- I hope Bangalore is green
- I hope
Woke up to take my dad for a CT scan and after 2 hours doctor visited and said he immediately needs a surgery…
We were asked to do the arrangements for surgery and that too by evening and we were never given time to take any opinion…
My sister reached the hospital and consultations with my uncle and our family friends doctor started… There was complete nervousness and confusion…
By now couple of relatives who were informed started giving their opinion… I was already disturbed and when I saw tears in my sisters eye I thought it was time to act…
I asked my sister to talk to the doctor on surgery… I took up an appointment with a doctor referred by my doctor uncle… I had to collect the CT scan CD and take it to get the opinion…
After begging and showing my emotional cry I could get the CD from Radiologist with lot of fuss… After getting the CD immediately rushed to doctor and got our second opinion and he too recommended for a surgery…
Already he has undergone 3 major surgeries under last 4 months… It was a tough decision to take… We decided to go with surgery… It was very delicate in handling the doctors… For them it was yet another surgery but for us it is our dad…
By leaving the burden on god and praying him we are done with surgery which is said to be successful…
Now our concern is to pray for our dads recovery… He has already undergone a lot of pain and trauma… I plead all the renders to pray for hiatus quick and full recovery…