Got this post from a friend and it really made sense… Wanted to share it…
We are the last generation that learnt to play in the street, we are the first who’ve played video games, see cartoons in color and went to amusement parks. We were the last to record songs of the radio on cassettes and we are the pioneers of Walkman’s and chat-rooms… We learned how to program VCR before anyone else, play with the Atari, Nintendo and believed that the Internet would be a free world all on a 56kbit modem… Traveled in cars without seat belts or air-bags & lived without cell phones… Rode our bicycles down the road without brakes… We never had phones but still kept in touch… We did not have Play stations, 99 television stations, flat screens, surround sound, mp3s, iPods, computers and broadband…
but never the less we had a GREAT Time…
Came across an article in Rediff & only then I realized am getting OLD!!!
- Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge was released 16 years ago.
- The Millennium is more than a decade old… Remembering the terms “Millennium Year” & “Y2K Problem”…
- Pierce Brosnan last acted as James Bond 9 years ago… I remember watching this movie in Bangalore…
- Itz been 10 years since 9/11 happened…
- The Matrix came out 12 years ago… I remember watching this movie when I was in College… Bunked class to watch this movie…
- Itz been 14 years since Diana died… I was still in school when the incident happened…
- Itz been 17 years since Sushmitha Sen & Aishwarya Rai won the first beauty peagent title for India… I was 14 years then…
- Itz been 20 years since I watched Home Alone… My uncle took me for the movie in Satyam Cinemas… Can’t believe Macaulay Culkin & me crossed 30 years…
- Terminator 2 is 20 years old…
- Can’t believe that the youngest Spice Girl is 35, the oldest Backstreet Boy 39…
- Still remember the buzz Jurassic Park created… It was my first exposure to Graphics in movie…
- Dil Chahta Hai is 10 years old… Watched it in Woodlans Theatre & still remember those days where I use to listen to DCH songs & work…
Had a lot of time this Sunday & was thinking about the silly & stupid jokes which we use to ROFL…
Plot: There were three friends NOBODY, SOMEBODY & ANYBODY… In an argument Nobody kills Somebody which was witnessed by Anybody… Anybody calls Police to complain…
Anybody: Nobody killed Somebody…
Police: Non-sense what is your name?
Anybody: My name is Anybody…
Plot: There were two birds two’s more & one’s more… A hunter kills Two’s more…
Story Teller: Now which bird is alive??
Listener: One’s more…
Story Teller: There were two birds two’s more & one’s more… A hunter kills Two’s more…
It was a satisfying day at work and I was relieved to close a long pending requirement. Though this is just a drop in the ocean and the journey starts from here. I feel a sense of relief as this requirement was running for months and we are getting exhausted. By the time I was wrapping my day at office I got a friend which had really strong words and that made me feel hard. It carried for sometime until I was carried away by exciting conversation which I love MBA, Case Studies & Entrepreneurship.
Then I returned home early today and I had no plans to work for the night & I was not feeling sleepy either. Had no idea how to spend time. I’m sitting with my Laptop open and watching TV & I didn’t feel bored. Also I didn’t do anything useful too.
Came across Sun Music after a long time. I can say almost after a decade and they are playing songs of 80’s. I grew up listening to those songs. Each song made me nostalgic & I went back thinking the experience of watching those movies.
As a kid I was taken to those movies by my parents and watching movies were not like these days because they were totally different experience. I was taken to a selected movies, tickets were booked well in advance, mostly they were done during week ends. I use to count every day for the D-Day. I was always asked to study on Friday and Saturday if I had to be taken to that movie. Though I use to have the books on hand my mind will be full of expectation of watching that movie. For that 3 hour of joy I had to slog for a week. Anyways those were days of Bliss.
By the time I listen to the song I use to look for details in WikiPedia to read about my favorite stars of those days. These are some of the Actors, Actress & Movies I visited back.
||Naanae Raja Naanae Mandiri
There are many events that still lives in my memory and looks like it all happened yesterday;
- Miss India event in with Sushmitha Sen & Aishwarya Rai contested in the year 1994.
- Thiruda Thiruda was the first movie I watched by Bunking my Tuition during 1993.
- Went to watch the movie Khadalan the day before my Maths Quarterly exam during 1994.
- Cycled all round Chennai at Night with my ex-good Friend during 1995.
- Watched the movie Ullathai Alli Thaa a day before my Common exams during 1996.
- My first visit to Bangalore during 1997.
- My vacation at Mangalore & Mysore during 1997.
- 1999 New year Celebration at Bangalore.
- My first day in College during 1997.
- College trip to MGM Dizzy world during 1998.
- College tour to Ooty during 1999.
All the above events happened before 2000 and it gives me a feel that I’m still living those days.
We miss or feel the importance of something only when we are away from them / it. Likewise last year I use to feel very lonely in Madurai and I use to feel how life has changed and how a guy like me known for friends have become so lonely in a place which is an alien to me.
Exactly a year back I use to spend each and every moment of time alone or with a handful of people with whom I cannot connect well. Yes one of such friend is a kid doing first year medicine.
Though I didnâ€™t realize that I was having ball of a time last year without any control from parents. Today when I think back those days looks very entertaining where there was a lot of time and I had control over the time and myself.
Now all I can do it think back those days with envy.