Once blogging use to be a habit without which I couldn’t close my day!! It was real hard practice, perceivarance and discipline which helped to make it a habit!!! Over all this habit helped me in;
- Improving my communication skills!!
- Improved my vocabulary!!!
- Expressing my thoughts!!
- Documenting my daily life!!
- Experiencing Challenges!!
- Getting New Friends!!
- Becoming Open & Transparent!!
- Venting out frustration!!
As days passed this habit slowly became an addiction!!! This addiction made;
- Me stretch my day to finish my blog post!!
- Me depressed if I fail to make a blog post!!
- Me do unwanted things to make a blog post!!
- Me too transparent and open person!!
- Me loose my reputation sometimes!!
In spite of all those negatives it helped me feel free and expose my rightful image. I was able to move without carrying any burden on my shoulder!!!
But I wanted to stop blogging for some time because I thought that I should not get addicted to anything or do anything because of addiction!! So, I voluntarily stopped blogging for some time!!
By the time I got convinced that I was de-addicted and ready to start my blogging I got married.. Then on I couldn’t be the same transparent and open person.. There were things which my wife couldn’t tolerate and accept.. I had to hide things to her in order to avoid hurting her.. I fell into the trap of mediocrity!! So, I couldn’t blog any longer 😦
Frankly I do not want to show prejudice between my wife and parents.. I want to be the same transparent person the way I did with my parents..
Today while I was driving back alone from my wife’s native to Madurai I was thinking;
- Why I stopped blogging for marriage??
- Was I right or wrong in doing so??
Then I realised that the relationship and bond we carry with our parents are naturally stiched and we dare to take it for granted.. But with marriage we are building a bond which has to carefully crafted and stiched!!
I feel it was better sacrifice to hold my blog and my natural trait for the sake of building a relationship!!
Not sure how far we have crossed as a couple and the depth in our bond??
Should I start Blogging or Wait for some more time??
Just want to try it out with small doses 🙂
Hope Yamuna reads this blog sometime or some day and makes a comment 🙂
This is my 1000th Blog Post & Feeling emotional and happy for it…
Fourteen years back I was a student & the domain costed Rs.4000/- a year… It way beyond my budget and my mother was not sure of its use & she asked is it worth spending that much…
Those were the times of Dot-Com boom & I use to read a lot of new breed entrepreneurs… I just borrowed their attitude & told my mother that I will become a Bill Gates one day & then I didn’t want to fight to get the domain…
She was still not convinced but she gave me that money to book this domain… I’m thankful for her for sponsoring this domain…
I booked this domain with some local registrar who didn’t have an online payment gateway & I had to take Demand Draft to get buy this domain…
When i first brought this domain I never imagined it would be my mouth piece and become a part of me…
My blog helped me many ways;
- It helped me to express myself..
- It helped to show my point of view…
- It improved my communication skills
- It helped me to update my friends at one go…
- It helped me to flush out stress & depression…
- It got me new friends…
As time went Blogging became an Habit & started getting addicted to Blogging… This is one milestone & wish I use this space much more better, engaging & interesting for my readers…
Last but not least I’d like to THANK all my readers for the Patronage… Without your motivation & support I couldn’t have reached milestone….
Dear Friends, Itz been 2 months I blogged last… Though I evangelise and force other to blog I had to take this forced decision…
So, Why did I stop blogging for 2 months?
- What started as a time filler eventually became hobby & finally addicted me into it… I couldn’t sleep if I didn’t blog in a particular day… I didn’t want to be addicted for something…
- It took a tool on my sleep… Many times I corp ides on my sleep to blog which seriously affected my productivity…
- Wanted to change my working pattern where in I wanted to sleep in nights and work in the morning… It took 2 Months to get to this routine…
- Was too frank in my writings… Frankly exposed my personal life which didn’t go well with relatives… Was immensely preserved by my parents to control my writing… I was not comfortable someone (including my parents) influence my writing…
- Reduction in comments also played a minor part…
Considering all the reasons I wanted to consciously take a sabbatical from blogging and wanted to see how it felt… There were moments where I was pulled automatically pulled to blog… But I resisted it and after a while I got used to it…
Not I’m fresh with new thoughts, new mindset, new work hours etc.. From now on I’d be consistent in posting a blog a day…
Iâ€™ve been blogging for more than 6 years and regularly for 2 years. After getting my BlackBerry I thought I can increase my blogging as I can do live blogging.
But in reality my interest has drastically come down and that can be seen in the frequency of my blog post. For last week Iâ€™m trying my hand on Video Blogging and for some reasons Iâ€™m unable to upload the video to YouTube.
I think this weekend I might find an hack and soon you can see me doing video blogs regularly.
I canâ€™t believe my eyes. I donâ€™t know if I had this much discipline. Let me list down the list of events;Â
- Reached office by 11:45 PM from alumni meet to see Rooban.
- Checked emails, had some word with Rooban and went back home.
- Directly went to Lu along with my notebook. Only to notice there is no net connectivity.
- Get upset with BSNL. But had some small grub, made some calls & settled by 1:30.
- Then thought I can run on treadmill but was upset because of BSNL & was in no mood to workout.
- Then tried to crash. Felt like mad without laptop next to me.
- Also not blogging my experience made me even mad.
- Felt tired & sleepy but was unable to sleep.
- Was awake until 3:45 AM and that is when I noticed I must blog.
- Then I woke my mom & proceeded straight to office and reached here by 4 AM.Â
Only now I can realize how addictive blogging has become to me and Iâ€™ve no regrets for this habit.Â
So I made couple of blog post and time to go back home and crash =;.
Last year I developed hobbies like;Â
- Physical workout.Â
That is because I was back from a big depression and I had lot of time and I wanted to divert my mind from all bad experiences. It was these hobbies which helped me to overcome strongly.Â
For last 3 months my concentration on all these hobbies are slowly coming down. I donâ€™t know if I must take it positively as;Â
- Iâ€™m getting busy because of business commitments.
- Iâ€™m back from memories of all bad experience.Â
Or should I blame myself for cutting down on my hobbies which have helped me in bad times.Â
Though there is every genuine reason like;Â
- System problem to download pictures shot from camera has diminished my interest in photography. In fact I stopped taking camera now-a-days.
- Blogging has taken a beating because Iâ€™m taking care of Sales for CCS where I travel to client places. So, Iâ€™m not sitting online like before.
- Same applies to twitter.
- I stopped travelling because of the long summer this year and still I didnâ€™t get back to loop.
- Again this is because of my laziness because of travelling.Â
But personally speaking I want to balance things and want to accommodate all the special things which were my companion during my lonely times. So from now I plan to be more professional and get back to loop.