After a meeting I was coming out of a hotel and I was looking for my car keys. They were not in my pockets. A quick search in the meeting room… it wasn’t there.
Suddenly I realised I must have left them in the car. My husband has shouted many times for leaving the keys in the ignition. My theory is, the ignition is the best place not to lose them. His theory is that the car will be stolen. Immediately I rushed to the parking lot, I came to a terrifying conclusion. His theory was right. The parking lot was empty.
I immediately called the police. I gave them my location, car number and description of the place where I parked etc. I equally confessed that I had left my keys in the car, and that it had been stolen.
Then I made the most difficult call of all, to my husband!!!
“Honey,” I stammered; I always call him “honey” in times like these.
“I left my keys in the car, and it has been stolen.
” There was a period of silence. I thought the call had been dropped, but then I heard his voice.
“Idiot”, he shouted, “I dropped you at the hotel !”
Now it was my time to be silent. Embarrassed, I said, “Well, come and get me.”
He shouted again, “I will, as soon as I manage to convince this policeman that I have not stolen your car.”
A beggar found 100Rs
He decided to have a great dinner.
He went to a 5 star hotel & enjoyed the dinner.
When the bill was 3000, he said I have no money.
Manager called police and handed over the beggar to them.
The beggar gave 100Rs to policeman and set free 😉
This is FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT..!
It was a perfect experience I thrive to have and I really enjoyed the time. Yesterday I had to book tickets to Madurai in an infamous Omni (Private) bus because all reputed travels like KPN, Parveen, ABT etc were all running full houses because of long weekend holidays. I’ve had lot os bad experience with such operators and I was expecting some problem. So this is how it all started;
- Booked a ticket in a Travels names Sri Saravana Travels through RedBus.in by 8 PM.
- Bus was scheduled to start by 11 o clock.
- Cost of the ticket was Rs.780.
- Had to search for the small office for 30 min and many other bus operators were not aware of this Travels.
- Upon finding the office by 10.45 PM we were all made to sit on the small dungeon office till 12 o clock.
- Then people started questioning and we were pacified by telling bus will reach in 15 min and we were made to sit in a near by Travels office in A/C.
- Then after another 45 min we were all made to stand out telling bus has come.
- But after standing on the platform for 15 min people started getting irritated (including me).
- I was the first to go with a rude voice.
- The owner (We didn’t know then that he was the owner) of the Travels said he is doing us a favor and if we shout he cant help us out. It was almost a blackmail and I was not happy with the way we were treated.
- When I asked for the name of the owner he said owner is abroad and when I asked for his name he said it is Noor Mohammed. That took my temper to the top because it looked he was teasing us. How can a Sri Saravana Travels owner can be named with a muslim name??
- Then I called him to the Police station and immediately he started abusing me with all bad words.
- Then I pulled him to Police station and there was almost a Physical fight between me and the Travels guy.
- Immediately all the co-passengers came to my rescue and we started pulling him to Police Station.
- Then all the Travels guys mostly drunk assembled and started pushing other passengers.
- Immediately I call 100 and asked for the help of COPS.
- After a heated debate and after 10 min cops reached the spot & they picked all the travels folks.
- Out of 20 passengers only 4 accompanied me. But I was not bothered and I was ready to fight it alone.
- As we thought we were made to slog and these travels people were given a good treatment. Which was obvious.
- When I was writing a complaint a cop asked me not to do it and when I was adamant to give a compliant he started threatening that I’ve to come to station when ever they call until the case ends. By then we thought there is no use in going to cops and came to know their intentions.
- In spite of cops interfering we got a bus which was not worth for Rs.780/- by 3 AM in the morning.
- Another thing was the operator was threatening me in front of the cops that he has my address and he will be back with revenge. Though I gave a dawn I was startled because cops were listening to his threats.
Finally after boarding the bus everyone came and thanked me for making this happen. Finally I was contented because;
- of me others were able to get a bus and travel to Madurai.
- For sure cops would have taken advantage of the situation and would have taken some bribe.
- I thought them a lesson that they can’t take everyone for granted.
Again there is not going to be any change. But I did my bit to change things by taking some initiative and by writing this blog which will be of help to others.
Note: Finally we came to know Sri Saravana Travels is just a ticket booking agent and he doesn’t own a bus. They are ticket agents with a Name to cheat people.
There are several instances where in i’ve experienced humiliation from government servants. Yesterday while i was driving back to office i got a call from my friend and i had to corner my car to attend the call as it was important.
Then a cop knocked my car with his Latti (stick) this behavior irritated me. But i ignored him and was continuing talking to him. He came for the second time and asked me if i didn’t have any sense and he asked if he has to repeat to move the car again and again.
This behavior of him made me break my cool and this time i wanted to take him for a toss. I got down from the car and told him there is a limit for everything. After all he is a government servant and I’m sure my tax money would have fetched him 3 – 4 months of his salary. Also i was abiding traffic rule by not talking while driving.
When i went on high pitch immediately cop came down. But i didn’t want to spare him and i asked him what is he going to do with the cars which were parked behind mine. By this time his superiors came to the spot and tried to convince me. They apologized to me on his behalf and then the cop himself conveyed his apologize.
Immediately when he apologized my temper got down and i didn’t want to test his patience and i left the place.
I’ve many other experience like this with other bureaucrats. But i took up the shit every-time and left angrily. This time i was contended as i got a apology from the cop.
Again while driving back to office i got caught by another cop assuming i was talking on mobile while driving. I posed this in my previous blog.
I’ve a habit of singing while driving my car. Today while i was singing and driving near Panangal Park a cop cornered me and said i was speaking with my mobile and when i said i contradicted he said i dropped my phone.
When he asked where was my mobile i took it from my pocket to his surprise. He must have thought he has got a priced catch. He asked if i’ve another mobile. I was at my cool because i did do anything that was against law.
Then out of agony he let me go. But soon another cop who watched this from a distance didn’t want me leave. Again he cornered me and he took my mobile and checked for call history. He even entered my car and checked if i used any other cell phone.
By that time there was another senior cop who received with best hospitality and asked if the cop who caught me was nut. Unable to say he was right i said i can prove i was not guilty.
Then the senior cop asked if there was anything wrong and the other cop said there is nothing to catch me.
All of a sudden the brightness in the face of cops faded and they let me go. Immediately they caught a guy driving without helmet in two wheeler and immediately started showing their piece of mind.
Now i can say the guy who caught me should be a nut. He argued that he saw a cell phone in my hand. I don’t know how exactly things happened. Finally i brought down the delight of all the cops and left the place HAPPY!!!
Yes our wonderful Youth & Peopleâ€™s leader is in Madurai today. Coming to the story I started from office to have dinner in Bell Hotel in Tamil Sangam Road, Madurai. Then entire Tamil Sangam Road & roads leading to the road were blocked as he was travelling through that road.
I got irritated because they call themselves as Peopleâ€™s Leader and the end up creating all sort of agony to public and my hunger added up to my frustration. Then having no other choice I parked the bike again near office and decided to walk to hotel.
After reaching Tamil Sangam Road we notice both ends of the road were filled with people who wanted to have a look at Rahul Gandhi. While we were walking on the corner of the road we were interrupted by a cop asking us not to walk and asked us to stand. This again made me wild but I didnâ€™t want to show my piece of mind to the cop and disobeyed him and kept walking and thought that would be the best way to humiliate him.
On reaching to the hotel we had to cross to get into the hotel. When we tried to cross the road we were again interrupted by the cop who said we are not supposed to cross. This time my temperament reached its extreme and it got exploded. I shot back to the COP claiming I was hungry and it took me more than 30 min to reach the hotel which is less that a Kilometer from my office. I said the COP to explain how a Peopleâ€™s Leader can cause so much trouble to innocent public.
I asked the COP to justify the agony faced by people who are returning home from hectic day, students who returning home etc. By this time the COP has realized that he has touched upon a frustrated person and I think he didnâ€™t want any scene to happen when Rahul arrived. He allowed me to cross to the Hotel on allowing us a couple of people who were denied to cross the road also crossed the road.
Then I went into the hotel and placed my order only to find all the chef has gone out to have a glimpse of Rahul. This time had no option other than to laugh. Having left with no option I also went to the Hotel window waiting when our Peopleâ€™s Leader will cross so that I can get my dinner. Finally he crossed after 15 min.
Then I laughed at myself thinking how people in power misuse their power in the name of security. Then entire stretch was blocked an hour ahead of he travelling in that road which was less that 2 min.
Long live our Peopleâ€™s Leader and Long live his service to people I said to myselfÂ and I walked back.