After coming from Ooty I’ve posted snaps of me drinking & dancing with friends. I got request from my well wishers to remove them. The reason they gave me is that I’m a CEO & people will not respect if I engage on such things. Thought of posting my views on going public on my acts.
- First I don’t want to Justify the act of Drinking.
- Also I’m not endorsing something.
- I drink occasionally & I want to enjoy the occasion.
- My personal & professional lives are apart and I don’t want to hide something for the sake of another.
- I feel by hiding / filtering my personal experience for the sake of Professional respect is again like Cheating people.
- I want my Brand Identity & Brand Image to be the same.
- I’m convinced in what I’m doing because; My Virtual Mentors like Steve Jobs, Richard Branson & Larry Ellison have all lived a life which were public & still they were respected.
So, according to me I must be respected Professionally for the work I do & not by seeing my personal life. I know it is a matter of debate, but i believe in what I’m doing and I feel proud to be a open person.
Iâ€™m always known for my loyalty and today my friends got annoyed to see my adamancy in making my shopping.
Today I went for shopping along with my friends to buy a BlackBerry Phone & iPod Shuffle.
I saw a The Mobile Store inside Landmark and I enquired the price. My friend said sets are cheap in Poorvika & other outlets. I said what ever the price may be Iâ€™ll but the set only from Mobile Store because it is from Virgin Group. Obvious reason is Richard Branson. Iâ€™m a great fan of him and Iâ€™ve taken him as my Guru / Mentor.
Then after that I went to buy iPod Shuffle. Again my friend said Sony is better than iPod and Sony is much cheaper than iPod. Again I went ahead and brought an iPod and again for obvious reason Apple & Steve Jobs.
Then my friend said he can get some discount if I can buy thru his vendor. Again I went ahead and bought from Landmark because Iâ€™m a great fan of its Founder Hemu Ramiah & for Tataâ€™s and also I hold their loyalty card.Â
My friends said I must be crazy. I know Iâ€™m paying a couple of hundreds more but Iâ€™ve benefitted a lot from the personalities Iâ€™ve specified. They were & are a great motivation for me. Iâ€™ve also copied some of their success formulas. I owe a lot to them even if they have not helped me physically. I feel like giving back to them though my contribution many me peanuts to them.
So Iâ€™m convinced on what Iâ€™m doing & Iâ€™ve no regrets even if my friends tell Iâ€™m a nut.