Today’s WordPress The Daily Post topic is: The Stat Connection, where I’ve to pick my top 5 blog post and explain why they have been successful!!
QUALITIES OF PEOPLE BORN DURING FEBRUARY: This is my top performing blog.. Being born during the month of February, thought of posting some of my traits.. Never expected this four year old blog could strike chord with everyone born during February…
Also it is a surprise to see a lot of Feb born people commenting their acceptance of the trait :)… Another reason for the success of the post is the Keyword of the title which is a common search term… Getting around 30+ Google clicks for the post everyday…
IS DEMOCRACY GOOD FOR INDIA?: This blog was written out of frustration after 26/11 Mumbai attacks… I was wondering how a city-country like Singapore which is ruled by a single person can be soo safe..
The blog is seven years old and again the title is a common search term and all the click comes from Google…
M.KARUNANIDHI FAMILY TREE: Six years back uploaded a picture of Karunanidhi’s family tree. For those who are not familiar with Karunanidhi. He is ex-chief minister of the state of Tamil Nadu in India. He has officially 3 wife’s, half a dozen children and a dozen grandchildren..
He is mostly ridiculed because, have more than 3 wife is not a common practice in our times in our society. Also most of his family members dominate the state in politics, movies and business. This is the most admired and hated family in the state…
So, there is no doubt why people search for his famil tree and again Google gives all the clicks…
WHICH IS A BETTER CAREER CHOICE? COW FARM OR PROGRAMMER: This blog was recently posted and it is the mostly shared feed in my FaceBook… I see most of the people could make immediate connect with this reality 🙂
IRIDIAM MOVIE EXPERIENCE – RETROSPECTION: This is all a new blog post where I shared my experience of co-producing a tamil feature film. I’ve shared both the good and bad experience along with the reasons for movie’s failure!! Anything related to movie gives good strike rate because we are a movie crazy society!!
Todays WordPress The Daily Post topic is Say Your Name!! Which asks three questions about my name…
Are you named after someone or something?
My name is Anand Nataraj and I’m named after Lord Nataraj(Lord of Dance) who performs a Anandha(Happy) Thandavam(Dance). So, I’m named Anand Nataraj.
Also I hail from the temple town of Chidambaram where the famous Natarajan temple is located!!
Are there any stories or associations attached to it?
This is no story behind my naming… I’m just names after the famous Temple & God where I hail from… To be frank my association with dance is just with the name.. I don’t know A.B.C of dance!!!
But I can share the concept behind Lord Nataraja;
- A cobra uncoils from his lower right forearm, and the crescent moon and a skull are on his crest. He dances within an arch of flames. This dance is called the ”Dance of Bliss”, ”aananda taandavam”.
- The upper right hand holds a small drum shaped like an hourglass…
- The upper left hand contains ”Agni” or fire, which signifies destruction. The opposing concepts in the upper hands show the counterpoise of creation and destruction or the fire of life.
- The second right hand shows the ”Abhaya” mudra (meaning ”fearlessness”), bestowing protection from both evil and ignorance to those who follow the righteousness of ”dharma”.
- The second left hand points towards the raised foot which signifies upliftment and liberation. It also points to the left foot with the sign of the elephant which leads the way through the jungle of ignorance.
- The dwarf on which Nataraja dances is the demon Apasmara, which symbolises Shiva’s victory over ignorance. It also represents the passage of spirit from the divine into material.
- As the Lord of Dance, Nataraja, Shiva performs the tandava, the dance in which the universe is created, maintained, and dissolved. Shiva’s long, matted tresses, usually piled up in a knot, loosen during the dance and crash into the heavenly bodies, knocking them off course or destroying them utterly.
- The surrounding flames represent the manifest Universe.
- The snake swirling around his waist is Kundalini, the Shakti or divine force thought to reside within everything. This also parallels the cords of life worn by the Brahmins to represent the second rebirth.
- The stoic face of Shiva represents his neutrality, thus being in balance.
If you had the choice, would you rename yourself?
Definitely not!!! This is the name I’m identified with for this many years and it is something which is chosen by my parents and grand parents. I’d proudly live with this name forever!!
A moment ago it seemed it was yesterday
You were here with me and everything seems to be the same
What am I supposed to do with all these empty rooms?
Sit here in solitude with the smell of your perfume
You never took the time to know me
You never took the time to understand
You never took the time to know me, yeah
‘Cause lovin’ you is all I ever had, still lovin’ you is all I ever have
This is the song which I keep listen when I had my breakup!!! I played this song while I worked at in the gym, when I drive and while going to sleep!!!
AKON has real connect with breakups and women mindset!!! This Is The Song I could make an immediate connect and this remains my ever green favourite!!!