We often complain of weak marketing in our organizations. The problem in fact is not so much with the organization but the approach we adopt to marketing. We do not ask ourselves questions like â€œIn what way is my product/service different from that of my competitor? How can I make it different? How can I make my communication unique so that I stand out? â€ and so on. In short the problem is the lack of innovation in marketing.
Consider the following questions.
- What is the most innovative application of blue tooth or laser technology?
- What are the ten most innovative products/services (IT or otherwise) in todayâ€™s market and what can we learn from them?
- Why is it that some start-ups become Google-like but others fall by the way side?
- How is it that some companies are able to charge a premium for their products and services while others are not?
Given our schedules we hardly get time to reflect on such issues that impact our business. Keeping these typical concerns in mind a 2-day program exclusively devoted to marketing has been planned for entrepreneurs. A broad overview of the content is given below.
- How to market innovatively? How to create radically different products or services? How to position them in the minds of customers distinctly?
- Is there a systematic method for the application of innovation to marketing? What are the steps involved and how to learn the method?
- How do I reach my customers? Is communicating with customers different in IT as compared to say, consumer products?
- Can I be given a dry run or demonstration of how to make an innovative communication plan for reaching customers?
These are some of the questions to be addressed in the program. If the participants have other specific issues they can be discussed. Overall the idea of the program is to help entrepreneurs think innovatively to address their marketing problems.
Pedagogy: Lectures, exercises, case studies, group discussions and role-plays
Course Fee: Rs. 6,000/- per participant if registered on or before 10th May
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Rs. 7,000/- per participant if registered after 10th May
The brochure and application form can be downloaded here.
For more details contact;
Girish Kumar M
NSRCEL, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore 560 076
Tel: +91- 80- 2699 3701
Fax: +91-80- 2699 3769 / 2658 4050