Retiring from Twitter
Yes all good things must come to an end. That applies to my tweeting too. It all started a year and half back where in I started tweeting actively. Twitter was a means to pass my time and it really helped me to share my thoughts, feeling and emotions. Also I got lots of friends because of Twitter.Â
Last year same time when I was feeling lonely in Madurai which was a new place for me, my only companion was twitter.Â
In spite of gaining so much from twitter. Why I wanted to quit?Â
There are multiple reasons which forced me to take this call;Â
- Twitter has become too huge and chaos.
- It has become a platform for Spamming.
- Not longer I feel lonely.
- My business schedule has become tight and time for twitting has come down.
- Iâ€™ve developed too many hobbies and that has resulted in diluting my interest to tweet.
- Though Iâ€™m an open person I was forced to come down on my tweet because of competitors.
- Twitter becomes an addict which has taken a toll on my work and sleep.
- Couple of people started complaining that Iâ€™m flooding their timeline with my tweets.
- Thought my thinking and way to express things improved. My grammar has become poor for trying to fit things into 140 words.
- Finally most of my friends too have reduced their tweeting and as a result no one is keeping me engaged.Â
So, what I mean is Iâ€™m not totally quitting Twitter. Iâ€™m not going to be an active & consistent participant. I might occasionally tweet and share my feeds as tweets.Â
I take this opportunity to thank everyone who have encouraged me, motivated me all through.