If I have an opportunity to meet God i’d be really happy to thank him for giving me such a life… Right from my childhood my life has been exciting with lots of uncertainties… The best part of my life are those tough times and I’ve been blessed with lots of tough times…
In my 12 year as an entrepreneur last 6 months is becoming a best part of life… It has been really interesting as there are lots of challenging situations… We had lots of unexpected turns, Lots of downs, Little ups, Failures, Struggles etc… Overall this is for the first time I’m enjoying the experience of running thru a tough time… I think am maturing as a person… Am enjoying because;
- Am working almost 16+ hours in a day…
- Working along with all the teams and that too on the floor…
- Working with a very lean financial situation…
- For the first time gave some room for personal life…
I pray to the almighty that I come across lots of situations and wish they are different types… All I want is Experience which will help me write a biography which would be of help to others…
Last couple od days has been a great challenge where it is a test for my patience, emotional control, balance life and profession, handle financial crisis, managing relationship et more…
It was suddenly decided that I’ve to under go an arthroscopy in my right shoulder… Considering the short time I had to wrap all my work on time before taking up the surgery… I was deeply pressurised while trying to balance it… Fortunately doctor has postponed the surgery…
Other great challenge is handling emotions of my parents and controlling my emotions… My parents have become soo desperate to get me married and they has started to add up pressure on me… It is becoming great challenge to handle them and control my emotions…
As always paypal has started messing up things and all our payments got locked which in turn delayed in getting payments… This mess has delayed getting my claims back… I had to manage my finances which was again a great challenge…
There is a good friend of mine with whom there is a ego war happening… I was in a real bad situation when an official obligation was scratching our already fragile personal relationship… But I stood for the interest of my company… But feeling bad for my friend… Hope we both patch up things soon…
I’ve been working on a lot of things in my company… There has been restructuring, expansion, promoting website, developing new products, inducting new services with a new team… It has become a huge burden in the monthly expenditure as well as managing team and team building…
When all the above mentioned things were happening at the same time… Balancing becomes a great challenge… Sometimes I get struck in taking decisions… But I’m happy and enjoying the situation… If I over come this situation it will give me a great moral boost in managing and handling things…
Yesterday evening I was driving to office. It was a hectic day as I was attending calls non-stop. Then when I went to take my car a truck was parked in front of our gate and I had to wait for 10 min until the driver came back.
I drove some 500 meters just to realize that I forgot to take my wallet. Then had to return home to pick my wallet.
Then I realized I had to fill gas and I had to loose 5 min on the bunk.
Then the irony of dealing with mad drivers and unruly pedestrians. Finally reaching office was a big challenge.
Iâ€™ve a decade of experience as an entrepreneur. It was an experience filled with challenges and issues which only helped me to become a man of great character and stature. To be frank I became an entrepreneur as an incident rather than a planned one. Only after stepping in I came to know it is not everyoneâ€™s piece of cake and by the time I realized it I was lost in deep jungles.
Since I was trapped in a deep jungle I have no way out and only option when you donâ€™t have a choice is to walk further until you find your way out. There were lots of adventures, accomplishments, experiments. Many a times I worked on more intuitions rather than plan. But with lots of perseverance I was able to overcome all the challenges and also found out a way out of the jungle.
Iâ€™d like to share one of my personal experiences where I was able to convert a challenge into an opportunity.
As I always repeat about my academics that I was a poor student I didnâ€™t have the guts to disobey my parents as they always negotiated / blackmailed me about my results. I never had the guts to disobey them and when I told them that I had the desire to become an entrepreneur after the completion of my under graduation (UG). They immediately de-motivated me that I canâ€™t be a successful businessman as I didnâ€™t hail from a business community and also because I was poor in my academics.
They admitted me in a college for Post Graduation even when I was in my UG final year. After completing the final year in UG I failed in Discrete Mathâ€™s and I was treated as a failed guy in life. My mother and grandmother were crying day in and out adding a sense of insecurity which only demolished my confidence.
Then to stay away from all these negativity I started a business and started working from my friendâ€™s office. Within a year I got a lot of self confidence and also I cleared my arrear. The very next year my parents forced me to join PG which I refused to do. When they asked me to get out of the house I was prepared as I had developed my self confidence by this time.
Thought it was a tough two months I has to pass after getting the exam results I always think Iâ€™m an entrepreneur today just because of the failed result. If I passed at first attempt Iâ€™d have joined PG and would have taken a job after it and would have been on the list of guys who never followed their dreams.Â
Today I had discussion with one of my Director about the financial crunch we are facing because of Paypal and also because of poor collections. All I told him was we have to learn the lessons and to dig for the opportunity hidden inside the turbulence. At this time what I expect from my team members is to believe in their skills and stay focuses and break the way to success.
All I can tell at this point in Tough Times Doesnâ€™t Last!! But Tough People Doâ€¦
Off late Iâ€™m challenged with lots of hurdles and I think it would be interesting to overcome themâ€¦Â
- Yesterday I wanted to blog about Palakkad experience from my uncleâ€™s house and MS-Word really gave me tough time to make my previous post. I think system was affected by some work and when I type a work it will open a new document, file save option, save document, changing the alignment etc. at last with lot of difficulty I made the blog post.
- Then setting up firewall in office has become a challenge right from the beginning and still we are working on it. Hope we will finish it by the end of next week.
- Then wanted to make a blog post with the snaps I took from Sri Iyappan Tiffin center and there is some mess-up in the server and unable to upload photos. Now itz time to look into the issue.
- Wanted to update WordPress to latest version 2.8.2, it asked me to take a backup of DB and files but my host was doing some maintenance and was unable to do that instantly.
- Yesterday night suffered from insect bits and was unable to sleep well. So in the morning had to wash all the bed spreads and pillow mattress. When I wanted to start the washing work the washing place was full of mud and I had to clean that before starting the washing work. Thought I finished that work it irritates when we have some unexpected things before the work we want to do.
- Then I asked for mobile charger from office admin and after an hour there was no response and again I had to call back to get it and that to from my BDE. Such small things affect the flow of our work thought they look simple and small.
For now let me sit and fix up things which can be finished by today.
Last two week Iâ€™ve been working with my Project Managers to understand;
Why there are slippages in delivery?
What they are unable to keep up to the commitments?
After throwing those two questionsâ€¦ They immediately wanted to defend them and came with many explanations and at last they explained their working process and their challenges… What I got from them took me by surprise and these are issues with them;
The third point took me by surprise and shockâ€¦ But I forgot to understand the cultural valuesâ€¦ In Hinduism Karma means getting back the bad deeds we do and mostly it is believed that we will get it back or our children will be affectedâ€¦
Iâ€™m sure by conducting workshops I can help them to over first two blocks; but Iâ€™m not sure how I can make them understand / realize that cultural values are different from professional valuesâ€¦
Then I remembered a scene from Tony Jhaaâ€™s movie where his mentor will tell him that â€œKilling and being merciless is the last trait of a leaderâ€â€¦ Likewise I had to explain them that knowingly or unknowingly there is a culture created in IT and we have to be demanding and strict to be competitiveâ€¦
I donâ€™t know how far I can succeed in making them understand the difference between Cultural Values & Professional Valuesâ€¦ If any of you have come across such challenge and if you have any solution please share it hereâ€¦
So, Iâ€™m preparing a presentation for my leaders with example for them to overcome the challenges / blocks they have in the pursuit of becoming a leaderâ€¦ And my presenting will be mostly covering;
- Communication which is very much important for their first challengeâ€¦
- How excellent leaders challenged themselves and their peers to gain excellenceâ€¦
- Collecting clips from leaders to show them why they are successful as leaderâ€¦ Also explaining them about what Democratic, Autocratic & Laissez Faire leadership traits areâ€¦
And let me see how they understand it and transformâ€¦