Today’s WordPress The Daily Post topic is: The Stat Connection, where I’ve to pick my top 5 blog post and explain why they have been successful!!
QUALITIES OF PEOPLE BORN DURING FEBRUARY: This is my top performing blog.. Being born during the month of February, thought of posting some of my traits.. Never expected this four year old blog could strike chord with everyone born during February…
Also it is a surprise to see a lot of Feb born people commenting their acceptance of the trait :)… Another reason for the success of the post is the Keyword of the title which is a common search term… Getting around 30+ Google clicks for the post everyday…
IS DEMOCRACY GOOD FOR INDIA?: This blog was written out of frustration after 26/11 Mumbai attacks… I was wondering how a city-country like Singapore which is ruled by a single person can be soo safe..
The blog is seven years old and again the title is a common search term and all the click comes from Google…
M.KARUNANIDHI FAMILY TREE: Six years back uploaded a picture of Karunanidhi’s family tree. For those who are not familiar with Karunanidhi. He is ex-chief minister of the state of Tamil Nadu in India. He has officially 3 wife’s, half a dozen children and a dozen grandchildren..
He is mostly ridiculed because, have more than 3 wife is not a common practice in our times in our society. Also most of his family members dominate the state in politics, movies and business. This is the most admired and hated family in the state…
So, there is no doubt why people search for his famil tree and again Google gives all the clicks…
WHICH IS A BETTER CAREER CHOICE? COW FARM OR PROGRAMMER: This blog was recently posted and it is the mostly shared feed in my FaceBook… I see most of the people could make immediate connect with this reality 🙂
IRIDIAM MOVIE EXPERIENCE – RETROSPECTION: This is all a new blog post where I shared my experience of co-producing a tamil feature film. I’ve shared both the good and bad experience along with the reasons for movie’s failure!! Anything related to movie gives good strike rate because we are a movie crazy society!!
Todays WordPress The Daily Post topic is Say Your Name!! Which asks three questions about my name…
Are you named after someone or something?
My name is Anand Nataraj and I’m named after Lord Nataraj(Lord of Dance) who performs a Anandha(Happy) Thandavam(Dance). So, I’m named Anand Nataraj.
Also I hail from the temple town of Chidambaram where the famous Natarajan temple is located!!
Are there any stories or associations attached to it?
This is no story behind my naming… I’m just names after the famous Temple & God where I hail from… To be frank my association with dance is just with the name.. I don’t know A.B.C of dance!!!
But I can share the concept behind Lord Nataraja;
- A cobra uncoils from his lower right forearm, and the crescent moon and a skull are on his crest. He dances within an arch of flames. This dance is called the ”Dance of Bliss”, ”aananda taandavam”.
- The upper right hand holds a small drum shaped like an hourglass…
- The upper left hand contains ”Agni” or fire, which signifies destruction. The opposing concepts in the upper hands show the counterpoise of creation and destruction or the fire of life.
- The second right hand shows the ”Abhaya” mudra (meaning ”fearlessness”), bestowing protection from both evil and ignorance to those who follow the righteousness of ”dharma”.
- The second left hand points towards the raised foot which signifies upliftment and liberation. It also points to the left foot with the sign of the elephant which leads the way through the jungle of ignorance.
- The dwarf on which Nataraja dances is the demon Apasmara, which symbolises Shiva’s victory over ignorance. It also represents the passage of spirit from the divine into material.
- As the Lord of Dance, Nataraja, Shiva performs the tandava, the dance in which the universe is created, maintained, and dissolved. Shiva’s long, matted tresses, usually piled up in a knot, loosen during the dance and crash into the heavenly bodies, knocking them off course or destroying them utterly.
- The surrounding flames represent the manifest Universe.
- The snake swirling around his waist is Kundalini, the Shakti or divine force thought to reside within everything. This also parallels the cords of life worn by the Brahmins to represent the second rebirth.
- The stoic face of Shiva represents his neutrality, thus being in balance.
If you had the choice, would you rename yourself?
Definitely not!!! This is the name I’m identified with for this many years and it is something which is chosen by my parents and grand parents. I’d proudly live with this name forever!!
A drunkard lying down the lanes!!! TIME doesn’t matter to him!!!
Weekly Photo Challenge: Time
A moment ago it seemed it was yesterday
You were here with me and everything seems to be the same
What am I supposed to do with all these empty rooms?
Sit here in solitude with the smell of your perfume
You never took the time to know me
You never took the time to understand
You never took the time to know me, yeah
‘Cause lovin’ you is all I ever had, still lovin’ you is all I ever have
This is the song which I keep listen when I had my breakup!!! I played this song while I worked at in the gym, when I drive and while going to sleep!!!
AKON has real connect with breakups and women mindset!!! This Is The Song I could make an immediate connect and this remains my ever green favourite!!!
Lived the first eighteen years of my life without access to technology. There were no internet or mobiles then, even a computer was considered a toy for wealthy.
Then slowly internet came and it quickly took over me. Also I built a career backed by Internet & Mobile.
Then at one point in life I was running through a rough patch. Then I started blogging just to keep me engaged. Over a point blogging became an habit and slowly if became an addiction.
Today I can’t even think of a life without Mobile, Internet & Blog!!!
I’ve tried many instances to stay away from gadgets and technology for one day in a month. Slowly within hours it made me restless and I give up!!
I know it is not a healthy thing and one of my 2016 goal is to practice staying away from Computers / Technology at least once a week.
I’ve planned to convert my small land measuring little more than an acre into a farmhouse and consider engaging myself into farm activities every Sunday.Will jump into execution as soon as my wife joins me.
Life After Blogs: I’m seriously considering to buy a big farm and venture into organic farming!!!
Kick It on the Daily Post asks What’s the 11th item on my bucket list??
First let me explain the meaning of Bucket List. A Bucket List is an experience or achievement a person would like to achieve in his/her life time.
So, What’s the 11th item on my bucket list?
My 11th Bucket List is to spend one full year of my life by just bartering my needs. That means I don’t work for money. Instead I would barter my professional service to fulfill my needs.
That made me think what all I need in a day / week / month of the year and how I could barter for those needs??
- Every day I can host guests at my house as a barter for breakfast, lunch & dinner!
- I can carpool people to spots I want to travel as a barter for GAS.
- In a month I can buy groceries for 10 house hold as a barter for getting me groceries.
- Every evening I can offer tutoring service as a barter for paying my electricity bills.
- I can write promotional blogs as a barter for apparels.
Couldn’t think of more personal needs!! But I’d love to see more comment on list of things I forgot to list and I can come with the barter I can offer for that!!!
Last week did a Hackathon for Cogzidel Blog Cleanup. Also the more interesting and inspiring thing for me is that I did it all alone :)…
Next on the line is to work on my personal Blog… Though it would not be as messy I think it should also be interesting…
Also planning to play with WordPress Pages… Yet another point to PROVE :)…
Anand single-handedly does a HACKATHON for http://blogs.cogzidel.com.
- 330 Irrelevant Blogs Trashed.
- Added Tags for over 60 Blogs.
- Added Categories for over 60 Blogs.
- Content edited for over 15 Blogs.
I’ve been a blogged for almost a decade now and all the while I’ve never believed on cloud and always went with the Indian mindset of owning things… All this changed until Swami implemented cloud in our office…
- It started with our Project Management too JIRA…
- Then we moved our versioning system to GIT…
- Then moved our sales management system to Zendesk…
- Then with the help of BAMBOO we implemented Continuous Integration..
After seeing the benefits of cloud I decided to move away from my self-hosted WordPress BLOG to Cloud hosted WordPress BLOG… For the record this happens to be my first blog after moving to cloud and from now I need not worry about;
- Server Downtime…
- Script Upgrade
- Data Backups
Also must thank Swami for his continuous support in encouraging me to blog, being a master executer and for porting the site successfully to Cloud…
Not it is time to play around the features available and to fine tune my blog to make it more readable and presentable…
Just realized how technology has been embedded on me…. Am restless for a reason which I couldn’t believe me… Still feeling like am missing something…
So here are the reasons;
Evernote sync issue: Did a lot of content writing on Evernote… Now I couldn’t sync and share the content…
FaceBook on Android doesn’t Load: For last two days I couldn’t get into Facebook on my Android… I could post, share, like or comment… Feeling like someone has chopped my two hands :-(…
WordPress Post Doesn’t Upload: Couldn’t post blow through mobile… Reason should be slow internet? Or is it an app issue??? Should figure it out…
Overall whatever the reason would be am feeling totally motivated and let down :-(…